Sesto S. Giovanni (Milan) - Genoa (Italy)
ref. Technical and Cost Estimator - Piping
posted date: 11/10/2019
Job Role: Technical and Cost Estimator - Piping
Career Level: Associate
- Grants for Piping discipline, the preparation of cost estimate through either internal estimation, market inquiries in coordination with other Company’s departments, as necessary
- Assures the timely preparation and the accuracy of the technical proposal and costs estimation, and the implementation of value engineering and cost optimization
- Coordinates with the team appointed by other Operation depts. (Engineering, Procurement) to assure the necessary services, as required for the preparation of the technical proposal and the costs estimation relevant to Piping discipline
- Supports the Estimator in the preparation of the project budget value
- In coordination with the Technical and Cost Coordinator, provides support to the Engineering Team during the technical proposal preparation, sharing design to cost decisions, qualifications and exceptions to tender requirements, ensuring that the engineering team is properly focusing on critical items
- Supports the Proposal Manager in the preparation of the Cost Estimation Plan
- Inquiries the market to collect external supplier proposals in cooperation with the procurement department, based on Material Requisitions prepared by the engineering team
- Conducts, for Piping discipline, the commercial evaluation of offers received from suppliers. Executes the piping estimation, ensuring that the estimation is aligned with last BoQ, quotations, qualifications, assumptions, etc.
- Attends to tender review meetings, on demand
- Participates in the definition of the "buy out" on Vendor’s quotation
- Ensure that the engineering documentation (MRs, MTOs, specifications and proposal deliverables) is produced in time and quality as agreed during the KOM
- Ensure that quantities and costs are split according to tender required detail (WBS) and price list, using agreed formats
- Transfer the Cost Estimate to the Estimator for the inclusion in TPS (Total Price Sheet)
- Review the Bid Check List prepared by the Project Engineer to assure the completeness of the cost estimate, as far as Piping discipline is concerned
- High School diploma or Engineering degree.
- 5 years of experience in engineering and contracting company or construction company and at least 3 years of experience as estimator/proposal engineer preferably in Piping discipline in Oil & Gas applications
- English fluency is essential, French is highly desirable
- Communication and presentation skills
- Teamwork & Leadership
- Coordination and Planning
The research is aimed at candidates of both sexes (Legislative Decree 198/2006).
We honor our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories.