Sesto S. Giovanni (Milan)
ref. Senior Machinery & Package Engineer - Categoria Protetta
posted date: 23/07/2020
Job Role: Senior Machinery & Package Engineer - Categoria Protetta
Career Level: Mid-Senior level
- Perform the design activities and issue the deliverables assigned to him by the Chief Mechanical Engineer, in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety/environment requirements, within the specific time schedule and cost.
- Be a technical reference point in the mechanical discipline for the Machinery and Packages.
- Review contractual technical documentation and requirements.
- Prepare or check the deliverables relevant to Machinery and Packages and issued by mechanical discipline: design criteria, technical specifications, mechanical data sheets, inspection data sheets, material requisitions and technical bid evaluations.
- Perform basic sizing or design calculations for Machinery and Packages according to applicable codes in order to define main equipment features.
- Review Vendor documentation relevant to Machinery and Packages and interact with Suppliers for the technical issues (Vendor follow-up).
- Attend main inspections & tests in Vendor shops.
- Ensure proper coordination with other Engineers. Perform/participate to the squad checks.
- Support Chief Engineer in carrying out the periodical estimate of material and erection quantities.
- Support Site Technical Office during erection and commissioning phases.
- Review Tender Documentation and prepare clarification requests during bid phase.
- Propose optimization/changes in order to minimize quantity/costs or optimize project schedule.
- Ensure that his work is done with accuracy and without mistakes, carefully checking all the documentation before formal issue.
- Plan his work to meet the given schedule.
- Provide support and guidance to less experienced colleagues
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Knowledge of main international codes, standards and best engineering practices for Machinery&Packages
- Experience in Machinery&Packages Engineering in EPC Oil&Gas/Petrochemical/Energy projects (minimum 5 years)
- English fluency is essential, French highly desirable
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Availability to travel frequently and/or to relocate abroad
(La ricerca è rivolta a persone tutelate dalla Legge n.68 del 12 marzo 1999: Collocamento mirato delle persone con disabilità.)