Sesto San Giovanni, Milan (Italy)
ref. Sesto San Giovanni, Milan (Italy)
posted date: 13/09/2021
Job Role: Senior Planner
Career Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Role
- Ensure the performances and the activities of the Planning for the Project including risk and change management, reporting in compliance with expectations for HSSE Performance, Quality, Values, and Ethics;
- Support the Project Control Coordinator / Project Manager in the analysis of schedule project status and in the identification of corrective actions;
- Maintain a constant follow-up of Project Planning for design, material, construction and commissioning detecting trends that require schedule control action and keeps the Project Control Coordinator / Project Manager informed of any change, ensuring the control of time schedule in compliance with established baseline.
Reporting to Project Control Coordinator
In Home Office:
- Provides to use all planning techniques (Gantt chart, precedence diagramming method, critical path method, forward pass analysis, backward pass analysis, floating estimation, crashing, and fast-tracking analysis) to maintain under control all activities in full respect of the project schedule.
- Collaborate with Project Control Coordinator in a timely and effective monthly project review preparation.
- Methodological and operational Schedule Risk Analysis with Primavera Software package.
If mobilized at Construction Site:
- Develops (Construction part) the Project Level 3 CPM Schedule based on activities, units, subcontracts strategy, (master construction schedule) and defines a construction milestones program;
- Prepare and maintain the Construction Progress Monitoring System (CPMS) considering (by Subcontract and / or Trade / Discipline) the status and quantities of work to be performed and the resources needed to achieve targeted performances;
- Check the consistency between Project Level 3 Schedule and Subcontractors' schedules (level 4 or detailed schedules);
- Monitor the evolution (schedules/progress), anticipating trends or possible deviations in order to quantify their impact on the overall schedule;
- Attend coordination meetings with subcontractors in view of managing the coordination of subcontractor mobilization, access to work areas and demobilization dates;
- Verify, with the Construction Management that work has been fully completed for acceptance and final payment for the work;
- Define, manage and handle the subcontractor time sheets track productivity issues and propose when needed preventive corrective actions;
- Generate reports depicting progress comparisons, manpower, productivity comparisons and establishes necessary schedule revisions and any changes of construction logic;
- Maintain a constant follow up of the schedule to ensure progress as previously planned;
- Proposes/analyses alternatives (strategy of work completion) to avoid / limit time slippage.
- Assist in the analysis of claims received form subcontractors and in the preparation of claims and change orders issued toward the Client.
- At least 10 years of experience with complete proficiency in planning methodologies (e.g. planning of engineering deliverables, preparation of construction job cards, calculation and monitoring of the physical progress of the project, etc.) and the use of Primavera P6 (preparation of the network, resource management and evaluation of project progress with baseline creation and deviation analysis, link between Primavera P6 and other tools, et.)
- EPC consolidated skills in Planning for Oil and Gas Assets, including engineering, supply, construction, maintenance, and business management practices.
- Role model for demonstrating culture and values, leading environmental and safety standards, setting quality performance expectations and safeguarding the health and well-being of every person impacted by the activities of the business.
- Availability to work in other locations and construction sites both in Italy and abroad, both for short periods and with long-term relocations
- Languages: Fully proficient in written and spoken English, French is a big plus.
The research is aimed at candidates of both sexes (Legislative Decree 198/2006).
We honor our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories.